Luna II Automated Cell Counter
The luna II automated cell counter is the most advanced cell counter today with unmatched speed, accuracy, and consistency of measurement. It is a stand alone instrument integrating precision microscopy optics, on-board computer, image analysis software, auto-focus system, and a built-in printer. The Luna II automated cell counter accurately detects total, live and dead cells at concentrations ranging from 5X10^4 to 1X10^7 cell per ml and cell sizes between 3um to 60um.
New auto-focusing technology: The Luna II automated cell counter has integrated a novel focusing mechanism based on liquid lens technology. The liquid lens does not use any mechanical moving parts to change the Z stage. Instead, the Z position of the sample is rapidly obtained by the application of a small voltage to the liquid lens. The elimination of moving parts removes noise and significantly reduces the need for servicing. Even after multi-million cycles of focusing, the liquid lens does not require repair or service. In combination with this novel focusing mechanism, the Luna II has integrated a new auto-focusing algorithm optimized for cell counting.
Reducing running cost: cell counting slide: Automated cell counters utilize disposable counting slides to eliminate the washing step of manual cell counting with a glass hemocytometer. Although disposable cell counting slides have several advantages, the increased running cost has been a substaintial concern. Logos developed a patented T-Bond technology to manufacture precision cell counting slides more efficiently. Therefore, the unit price of counting slides became much more affordable, providing significant cost savings.
Built in printer: a thermal printer is integrated in the Luna iI automated cell counter, and the counting result can be printed immediately for record keeping purposes. Because the printer is already integrated in the Luna ii automated cell counter, an additional cable connection is not required. Cell Counting Accuracy: De-Clustering: The Luna cell counting algorithm has been recognized to have the best in class cell counting accuracy. The Luna software has exceptional accuracy in cell de clustering and can successfully count clumpy cells. The Luna II automated cell counter has inherited this well known performance aspect of the Luna software. clumpy cells are de-cluster quickly as well as automatically and counter as individual cells.
- -Options for staining methods: The luna II automated cell counter can count samples with or without trypan blue dye. The selection of Trypan blue presence or absence can be easily chosen in the settings menu
- -Cell size histogram and cell size based gating: after counting, cells can be gated based on their size information provided by the Luna II. The specific size of cell populations can be easily included or excluded on histograms.
- -cell cluster map: counter cell are identified using the cell cluster map, which displays the percentage of single cells, doubles or triplets. The cell cluster map can be used to monitor changes in culture conditions or cell isolation preparation protocols.
- -Review and re-analysis option: The Luna II automated cell counter provides a powerful review and re-analysis option. To open and review the saved image, a separate PC is not necessary. User can open the cell images directly on the Luna II automated cell counter and can count cells again using the different parameters.
- -Various file save options: The Luna II has an on-board memory to store up to 1000 counts. After counting, the result is automatically saved in the memory and the previous count result can be exported via the USB port as a CSV file for further analysis. The results and images data can be saved as three different file formats such as TIF, an annotated TIF or a PDF.
- Cell counting time: less than 15 sec with manual focusing or less than 22 sec with auto-focusing
- Cell Concentration Range: 5X10^4 to 1X10^7 cells / ml
- Cell Size Range: 3-60 uM
- Cell Viability Range: 0-100%
- Image Resolution: 5MP
- Image Type: TIF, Annotated TIF
- Report File: PDF format
- Operating Power 100-240V
Luna II Brochure
Luna II User Guide
INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE INTERFACE
Options for staining methods
The LUNA-II™ automated cell counter can count samples with or without trypan blue dye. The selection of trypan blue presence
or absence can easily be chosen in the settings menu.
Cell size histogram and cell size based gating
After counting, cells can be gated based on their size information provided by the LUNA-II™. The specific size of cell populations
Can easily be included or excluded on histograms.
Cell cluster map
Counted cells can be sorted with cell cluster map, into single cells, doublets, or triplets.
The cell cluster map can be used to monitor changes in culture conditions or cell isolation/preparation protocols.
Review and Re-analysis option
The LUNA-II™ automated cell counter provides a powerful review option.
A separate PC unnecessary. Users can open cell images directly on the LUNA-II™ automated cell counter
to check previous results.
Various file save options
The LUNA-II™ can store up to 1,000 counts onboard. After counting, the result is automatically saved in the memory, and previous count results can be exported via USB as a .CSV file for further analysis. The results and image data can be saved in three different file formats such as TIF, annotated TIF, or a PDF report file. The PDF report file contains all the data generated during/after the cell counting, i.e., the protocol used, cell counting results, date, raw/analyzed cell image(s), and histograms are included in the PDF report file.